Licensed in both California and New Mexico, William Ha is an attorney serving the counties of Los Angeles and Orange in California, and northwestern counties in New Mexico. He has practiced in a variety of areas prior to narrowing his focus to bankruptcy and estate planning. He also has a professional background in software engineering, developing mobile software applications for iPhone and Android.
Forward-looking, Mr. Ha is a proponent of technology literacy and solutions. His law practice reflects this philosophy – saving clients time. Matters are personally handled by Mr. Ha, and not by a paralegal or a legal assistant.
Past Representative Matters
People v. Powell (2013) 214 Cal.App.4th 106. Appellate counsel for the defendant. Successfully reversed the felony conviction in full.
Associate defense counsel for Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc, in California’s then largest long-term healthcare class action matter, Lavender v. Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc.
Mr. Ha received his Juris Doctor degree in 2008 from California Western School of Law in San Diego and served on the Moot Court Honors Board. While in law school, he was a legal intern at the ACLU of Northern California, researching privacy rights related to cell phones in 2007.
- California Western School of Law - 2008, Juris Doctor
- University of California, Irvine - 2004, Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy, Political Science
- New Mexico
- United States District Court - Central District of California
- United States District Court - District of New Mexico
Professional Membership and Activities
- Central District Consumer Bankruptcy Attorney’s Association
- Public Law Center Bankruptcy Clinic (Santa Ana) - Volunteer Attorney
- Public Counsel Bankruptcy Self Help Desk (Los Angeles) - Volunteer Attorney